Zinrelo provides a sophisticated personalization rule engine that allows you to define rules and exceptions for awarding points for each activity. This gives you the option of defining your own business rules for each transaction and reward.
To set up the activity rules, you have to go to Program Settings >> Activities >> Activity for which the rules have to be set.
The rule engine works on the conditions, its categories, and actions.
This is how the rule engine works:
- If any activity matches all or any of the set conditions, then the set action will be taken.
- These conditions are set on Member and Activity Attributes.
- There are different categories under each attribute on which we can set conditions on. Like transaction tags, user tier, available points, birthday, etc.
And each category has their operators which are selected on the basis of the requirements. For example:
- If the category is ‘Date’ like Enrollment Date, Birthday, Last Points Earned Date, etc., then its operators could be Relative (more than, less than, etc.) and Absolute (after, before, on, etc.)
- If the category is ‘Number’ like Number of Reviews, Number of Purchases, etc., then its operators will be less than, greater than, equals and between.
- If the category is ‘String’ like member tags, city, nationality, etc., then its operators will be equals, not equals, in and not in, contain all of, contain any of, etc.
Wonder Blossoms, an online florist company, wants to run a promotion campaign on Women’s Day for their product ‘Blue Rainbow’ especially for US citizens. Wherein the citizens will be rewarded with 10x bonus points if they buy ‘Blue Rainbow’ from the website on 8th of March.
To set this rule, Wonder Blossoms will select the following conditions:
Activity- Purchase on Website
- Product Category- Blue Rainbow
- Transaction Date-8th March
- Nationality- American
Note: To reward the bonus points to US citizens, Wonder Blossoms will create a custom attribute- ‘Nationality.’
They will select ‘Match All’ for these conditions, as all of the set conditions have to be met.
Finally, they will select the action ‘Award bonus points in multiples of base points’ and enter the bonus points that are to be awarded.
You can set business rules on rewards on the basis of Tier and Points. For this, you have to select the option from Eligibility Reward.
You can set the reward rules on the basis of tiers. You can select which tier the reward will be accessible to.
You can reward your members on the basis of their available points. You can further customize the points-based rewards by selecting the range of points, i.e., greater than or between, and the earning period, which is lifetime or between.
Updated 13 days ago