Two-factor authentication is a method of authentication that requires the use of more than one factor to verify a user’s identity.
With 2FA enabled in Zinrelo, when an admin signs in to his Zinrelo account, he is prompted for his email address and password—something he already knows and an authentication code—something he has to generate using any authenticator app. Taken together, these factors provide an extra layer of security to verify the user’s identity and complete the sign-in process.
If you want to enforce two-step authentication for your loyalty account, write to your account manager at [email protected].
Note: When two-step authentication is enforced, you will be prompted for a code, generated by your Authenticator app, in addition to providing your email address and password to sign in. If it's turned off, you won't need a code but just an email address and password to sign in to your loyalty account.
Log-in to your account, enter your email address and password.
- You will be taken to the Setup Two-Factor Authentication page.
Note: If enforce two factor authentication is disabled for you, the 'skip for now' button will be visible.
- Before proceeding with setting-up 2FA, you need to install the Authenticator app from the app store. You can install any authenticator app of your choice.
The installation process of the Google Authenticator app is outlined below:
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your mobile phone.
- Click on '+' icon in the app, select Scan a QR code, or Secret Key if you wish to add the key manually.
- Your account will be visible in the app with the unique code, which gets refreshed every 30 seconds.
- Once the Authenticator app setup is done, click on 'Setup 2FA'.
- Enter the code from your Authenticator app and verify the code.
- If the code is correct, you will be taken to your index page or homepage.
If, at any point in time, you wish to disable 2FA, go to Profile >> Setup Two-Factor Authentication.
You will see this screen:
Note: The disabled screen is visible only to those admins who have disabled enforce 2FA.
Click on 'Disable 2-Factor Authentication'.
Enter the code generated from the Authenticator app. And click 'Yes, Disable'.
Then logout. On your next login, you can skip the 2FA process.
If you wish to setup 2FA again. Go to Profile >> Setup Two-Factor Authentication.
The reset option is visible only to 2FA enforced admins.
Go to Profile >> Setup Two-Factor Authentication.
Click on 'Reset Google Authentication'.
Enter the code you see in the Authenticator app and click on 'Verify Code'.
Once you reset your app, you need to delete your old account and add a new one again to the Authenticator app.
Updated 1 day ago