Whenever a customer creates a new account in your store, they're automatically enrolled into the loyalty program as well. Zinrelo then generates a unique referral link for that customer which can be accessed from the User Dashboard.
This unique link can be shared by the customer with their friends. When anyone of their friends clicks on the link, they land up on your website. While all this happens, Zinrelo tracks the unique link and drops a cookie on the referred friend's computer with the referrer's information.
The referred friend then has to create an account in your store and they will automatically be enrolled into the loyalty program. At this point, the friend will be assigned as someone who is referred by the referrer. This information will be saved at Zinrelo's end. In case the friend is an existing customer, he/she will not be assigned as the referrer's friend.
- Go to Activities >> Refer a friend.
Approval type: You can set the approval of point allocation in different ways. It could be:
Manually (where you manually approve the request)
After a fixed duration: You can set up a fixed duration of days after which the point will get approved automatically.
Activity Template for the dashboard: If you select " Visual" the system will let you upload an image of your own that will be displayed on the End-user dashboard.
Activity ID: This field cannot be edited for the in-built activities. For custom activities, this field acts as a reference in the API call.
Show activity in User Dashboard: You can opt if you want to display this activity on the End-user dashboard or hide it.
Friend Incentive type:
- None: When you do not want to incentivize your referral
- Generic Coupon: You can have one generic coupon code with the same settings and distribute it to your referrals. You can choose if you would like it to be fixed dollar or a percentage-based discount
- Single-use coupon: You can keep each coupon code unique for your referrals. In this way, the reuse of coupons will be prevented.
Reward Frequency: You can define if you want to award your friend on every purchase he makes or on just the first purchase.
Reward type: You can have a mix of rewards based on what you would like to offer your referred friend.
Points to reward: You can specify how many points should be awarded to the referred friend.
To configure the emails sent out to referred friends, navigate to the Zinrelo admin console. Then navigate to Notifications >> Email Notifications >> Referral Notifications.
To know more about email configuration, refer to this document.
Within this section, you can design your referral templates that the referral friend will see. You can design the UX based on your requirements.
You can design the landing page popup which will be shown when a friend lands on your site using a referral post.
Note: The recommended size for referral pop is width: 340px & height: 456px.
To enable this function, check the "Advanced Refer-a-Friend Interface" checkbox.
The default referral link will have the Zinrelo domain in it. If you are on the enterprise plan, this link can be customized to your domain. You will need IT to support to set it up.
- Create a sub-domain like refer.yourwebsite.com
- Create a CNAME setting in your DNS for your newly configured domain to app.zinrelo.com
- Enter the complete URL with the subdomain in the 'Link Settings' of the activity configuration
- Contact Zinrelo support ([email protected]) to record this mapping in the Zinrelo system. Once done, the new referral link will start working.
The member can copy the link or invite other friends using the social sharing options.
Please Note: If the referred friend is already a member of the Zinrelo loyalty program, the member will not receive a coupon code.
Updated about 2 months ago