The rewards configuration section is in the ‘Program Settings’ tab.
Program Settings >> Rewards
You can create new reward options, edit existing rewards, and activate or pause any of the options that have been configured.
This section deals with setting up coupon-based rewards. Coupon-based rewards include any reward that involves giving the customer a coupon code in exchange for loyalty points. The coupon code may be for a dollar discount, percentage discount, free shipping, free gift with the purchase, or it may even be a code for a 3rd party gift certificate.
The system will ask you for the basic configuration details and specifics of the reward.
The configuration fields are explained below:
Select the type of your rewards-
- Fixed amount discount- $10 off
- Percentage discount- 20% off
- Free Shipping
- Product Redemption- To be able to claim a specified product free of cost
You can select a 'Minimal' or 'Visual option', where you can add an image in the tile for Visual and enhance its look and feel.
You will be able to configure the amount or value of your rewards depending on the reward you choose (fixed amount discount or percentage discount).
- Fixed amount: Specify the value/amount for the reward.
- Percentage discount: Enter the percentage discount you want to offer.
In the case of the "Product Redemption" reward type, you have to select and enter:
This field cannot be edited. The ID can be used in the CSS and APIs to uniquely identify this reward.
Points that will be deducted when the code is issued to members.
- Tier-based eligibility: You can decide which tier members will be able to see which rewards. If a particular reward is not enabled for that tier the members won't see it at all even if they have sufficient points.
- Points-based eligibility: It can be used if you want to restrict rewards to those members who have earned a certain number of points in the given time frame, irrespective of the tier they belong to. This is useful in creating promotions where you can promise members 'special' rewards if they earn XXX points in a given week/month.
- All Users: This eligibility option will be visible to you if you have not enabled tiers for your store. In this case, the enabled reward will be visible to all users, regardless of how many points they have earned.
If this checkbox is checked, the reward will be automatically redeemed for the members when they earn the points required for the reward, provided they satisfy the eligibility condition.
Use this option if you don't want your members to explicitly go into the dashboard and redeem their points for a code.
This places restrictions on how many times a member can redeem the reward.
This option is exclusively available for Shopify users, where the codes are automatically generated
Note: If auto redemption is set on multiple rewards, Zinrelo follows a set priority order to decide which rewards should be triggered first. All points-based rewards will be given priority and will be processed in the decreasing order of points required. Then the tier-based rewards will be taken up in the decreasing order of points required.
You may see a few different options based on which e-commerce cart you are on.
All customer-facing text elements in the redemption process can be customized.
You can configure the text of the rewards shown to the members via Text Configuration.
Program Settings >> Rewards >> Text Configuration
The following snapshots explain where the respective TEXT configuration elements are used in the redemption process.
You can also edit the progress text for ineligible rewards.
All ineligible rewards will be visible to members with the locked icon.
On clicking them, the reward card will display a progress bar related to the points needed to unlock this reward.
This will encourage your members to make more purchases and earn more points.
Note: To enable/ disable this feature for your program, reach out to your account manager at support.zinrelo.com.
The ‘Manage Codes’ section allows you to view all the codes uploaded for the redemption, the number of codes that are used up, the members to whom the codes were given out to and upload new coupon codes.
Please check the article Managing Coupon Codes for details.
Updated about 14 hours ago